S. Gregory Zubek
Greg Zubek is a partner in the law firm of Whitham, Hebenstreit and Zubek, LLP which was established in 2002. Greg has practiced law in Indianapolis for more than 40 years. After law school and admission to the bar in October, 1976, Greg started his legal career working as a Deputy Attorney General where he represented the State of Indiana in cases involving the Indiana Department of Transportation and the Department of Natural Resources and tried cases all over the State for those agencies. He joined Kunz and Kunz in 1982 becoming a partner in 1986. In 1996 he became a founding partner in Beckerich and Zubek, and practiced there until 2002 and the formation of Whitham, Hebenstreit and Zubek, LLP.
Greg practices in a variety of areas of civil law, including many areas of real estate involving eminent domain, zoning, variances and special exceptions, commercial leasing, sales and purchases of real estate, mechanics liens, nuisances, easements, disputes with governmental entities and litigation on the aforementioned matters; family law; corporate and business law including sales of businesses; administrative law; judicial review; and general civil litigation.
Greg has argued cases before the Indiana Supreme Court, the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals and trial courts all over the State of Indiana and has tried more than 30 jury trials over the years as well as many bench trials and administrative actions. Greg has also been involved in continuing education programs and has been a panelist for the Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum on eminent domain. While the majority of Greg’s practice is in Indiana, he does do some work in Illinois for clients that have business interests in that state.
Areas of Practice
- JD – The John Marshall School of Law, 1976, Chicago, IL
- BA- Indiana University, 1973, Bloomington, IN (Evans Scholar)
- Martindale Hubbell® AV Rated
- Distinguished Fellow, Indianapolis Bar Foundation
- Indiana Supreme Court, 1976
- Illinois Supreme Court, 1976
- United States District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 1976
- United States District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 1980
- United States Court of Appeals Seventh Circuit, 1982
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation